Friday, May 6, 2011

50 followers + 2 DS games

Friday at last! Also hit the 50 followers mark, yay and thanks to you all, much love. <3

Instead of dropping off a long post, I decided to drop in with two great DS games. I don't own a 3DS(yet!), but I don't really intend on getting one till the great games (such as Ocarina of Time) have been released.

So without much further, games:

Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney(2005)
You are a lawyer, and in true comic/manga style you gather evidence, question people and work as an attorney trying to prove your client's guilt in court.

Despite the quite straight forward way everything works - I've gotta say it: I love the characters as well as how fun it is to "battle" as a lawyer! It gets harder to get right as you progress through the game, and it can prove quite a challenge if you don't focus.

Destructoid named it their 48th favorite game of the DECADE . Even though this game is old, it is still great. Definitively something I recommend picking up!


 Professor Layton and the Curious Village(2008) 
 Adventure/puzzle game. You are sent to a strange village to recover what is called "the golden apple". As you progress through the story by solving puzzles, more and more strange things happen...

This is another game that I really love, and I ended up staying up all night solving puzzles as I closed in on the end of the story. Unlike many other DS games, this one has a lot of animated cut-scenes. This adds another level of suspense, and I really love how they work.

Gamespy named it the DS game of the year in 2008, and it has overall received very good critics. 




-  Any games you recommend me to try out?

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on the followers! :) I really want to play a Professor Layton game

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never liked Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton rocked. c:

    I would recommend Rhythm Heaven, Pokémon HG/SS, TLoZ:PH, Elite Beat Agents and FFIV... At least, those are the ones I've enjoyed the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girl has been going crazy of that Professor game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a DS or PSP. I might look into getting one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 50 followers! And whenever I hear DS I just think Pokemon..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate mobile gaming, but I've always wanted to play Ace Attorney. It just looks hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats for the followers :)
    Regarding the games, i dont have a DS so i cant help

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phoenix Wright is a very fun game, but its fanbase took it to the extreme :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phoenix Wright series is really awesome. Engaging gameplay, and some really awesome music to boot.

    Haven't played any Layton games yet, but they seem pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choices; love those two games, especially Professor Layton.

    ReplyDelete