Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Camera session

So I got my hands on the camera a few hours ago, and I've been busy trying as much as i can out. Don't think I've broken anything...yet!

I'm still exploring, so out of all the pictures I've taken today, these two look the best raw(click for bigger pic): 

 

They do, however, need slight editing. At least, the second one needs a brightness adjustment. I should probably start looking for some editing software.
- Suggest great, free,  software I can use for editing my pictures!

13 comments:

  1. I really like the leaf picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! Don't be afraid to explore, and take some more riskier shots! Some of the best photos are done that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't Irfanview pack a lot of filter adjustments? At least its free! Nice pictures, I really like the macro leaf one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I have very limited work in photography, but everyone I talk to uses Gimp. That's my best bet.

    http://www.gimp.org/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kamatacci, use Gimp. Unless you have money to drop on Photoshop that is...

    Also, if you shoot in RAW format, it opens up a lot of freedom to fix your pics in editing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aviary (its an app for Google Chrome) ...its nowhere near as good as photoshop (which would be my choice), but it'll help w/colors and contrasts n such.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pictures. If you need free photoshop-like software, I recommend GIMP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look awesome! You might consider taking this up as serious hobby.

    ReplyDelete