Thursday, May 5, 2011

Clearification - school system

Good morning!

Well, not really. I've just been busy with tests and all. 

Since so many reacted to the weirdness of the exam system here, I thought I’d explain it a bit deeper:
First of all, this is upper secondary (I think?). I’m almost done with the second year here, and this year we’ll only get one exam; written or oral.

- Why? 
I don’t know. It’s probably cheaper and all.

- What happens to my grades? 
Everything from January to late May counts. The last test counts the most.
The date they officially announce the written exams is the 13th this month. Then there will be two waves of orals in June. When they announce the written tests they announce the subject too, and the test will be sometime late the same month.

I hope that clarified it a bit.

It is interesting to know how other school systems work and if you happen to be pleased with it, so;

- How is the system where you live, and are/were you happy about it? 

22 comments:

  1. Hmm that's interesting how they do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, what are you learning? which country ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it sounds a bit more organized than where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait ,what country is this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friday... the.... 13th? Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have finals next week, where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting. In my country we never have oral exam and only the last exam counts

    ReplyDelete
  8. The system where I'm at is me getting screwed over. I can'y believe how many times my university has messed up my grades.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Things in the UK can differ over where you go to school/university too..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I write one 2 assignments and 1 exam, which is like 90% of the semester mark, for each module every semester. That's university though,not school- and i'm happy with it. Learning is ezpz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm from sweden, our universities are free. Pretty nice, I go to the gymnasium where we have national exams at the end of the course, though it's more like an ordinary test.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate exams, but I'm FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh damn...good luck my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh got an online final due later today. What a drag.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I go to one of the largest community colleges in the US, but all things considered it's a really great place with a lot of knowledgeable and helpful teachers(at least the campuses that I attend class at). Depending on the teacher most of our final exams are not cumulative and relatively easy.

    ReplyDelete