Monday, May 23, 2011

Random Monday Rambling

Electric, metal, j-rock to name a few. Heck, even pop some times. What I listen to at any given time is something I usually thought was nothing but random, but I've realized I've picked the music more and more after my mood, or even changed my mood after listening to a certain song or band.

Sure, that's nothing new. I'm sure everyone does that.

The past week I've listened more to Oomph! Than I'd ever like to admit. I tend to play the crap out of an album before staying away from it for months. I blame my German exam.

So other than that band, I discovered this song through another blog:
Instant happilepsy. Yes, I had to invent a new word to describe it.

Ever since Thursday I've done pretty much nothing related to school, and it feels great. I've even started watching a new, special anime:

  Welcome to the N.H.K.!   
Welcome to the N.H.K. started out as a novel, but has also been adapted into a manga as well as an anime.

We follow the main character, a hikikomori who suddenly gets aid from some strange girl who seem somehow like a stalker. She knows a lot about him despite them not having met before.

Hikikomori is a Japanese term used to describe people who isolate themselves in their homes for a long amount of time. It could be because of both social and personal factors, and the show deals with many disorders as well as daily life and how to deal with it.

The novel has been compared with The Catcher in the Rye and the novel Fight Club. I'm going to try get my hands on the novel version, and who knows, I may review it here some day.

I'm sure you all know how to Google, but here is a link to the Wikipedia page of the novel/manga/anime:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_N.H.K. 

 That is all for today, I'll sit down and enjoy a few more episodes of the series now!

Ruuumiiiii

24 comments:

  1. Haha I named my iPod Hikikomori after watching a Japanese short film. Novel sounds interesting, may try to find a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NHK sounds good and i enjoyed the vid too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice, u posted the song from my blog haha i feel honored :3

    about "Welcome to the N.H.K.", ive heard about it and it semeed nice O-O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I looked into this a couple of years ago but it wasn't for me..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found that my taste in music is so varied I will like just about anything. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting stuff. My favourite Japanese bands are Lite, Envy and Toe - check them out if you haven't already, all are absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the series been wacthign it for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason I read that part about giving aid as giving AIDS. I was like, wow, I thought I had seen everything. XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow those guys seem like theyre good live

    ReplyDelete
  10. NHK yokouso is awesome, watched two times already xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Hikikomori is a Japanese term used to describe people who isolate themselves in their homes for a long amount of time."

    Well, I've been imprisoned at my parent's house for a year, and I'm an introvert. Definitely sounds relevant to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hikikomori is an interesting phenomenon, all the more so because it's pretty isolated to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy J-Rock! Gackt is my favorite! Yoko Kanno isn't exactly J-Rock but she's awesome in her own right.

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha don't think I've ever heard a japanese band until now

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm gonna start using happilepsy from now on. Best portmanteau ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post, i like to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is agreed someone get oxford on the line and submit happilepsy!

    ReplyDelete