Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Stories and series

Hello friends and fo- er, bloggers!

Finally home after an eventful day at school. We did something interesting in chemistry class, but I'm planning on telling more about that later this week because of a school trip. We're going to spend a night out near a lake I think, which means no blog access Thursday and maybe even Friday. So I'm thinking of scheduling some interesting but short stuff to keep you busy.

We've also started to read a graphic novel in my English class;
Maus: A Survivor's Tale, by Art Spiegelman


Maus: A Survivor's Tale, by Art Spiegelman, is a memoir of Art Spiegelman listening to his father, Vladek Spiegelman, a Polish Jew and Holocaust survivor, retelling his story. It alternates between descriptions of Vladek's life in Poland before and during the Second World War and Vladek's later life in the Rego Park neighborhood of New York City. The work is a graphic narrative in which Jews are depicted as mice, while Germans are depicted as cats. It is the only comic book ever to have won a Pulitzer Prize. - thank you Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maus

It is actually pretty interesting, and hey, its better than using the old smelly book.




In other news, I've heard that Blue Exorcist is a really good series. Two friends have already recommended it to me, and I'll probably add it to my 'must watch' list. Which, by the way, is getting really long.


As far as Wikipedia can tell me, it started airing about a month ago. The story follows a young boy who at the age of fifteen realize that he is the son of Satan, and that he has powers sealed inside him. I hate retyping something I do not have a clue about, so if you are interested you should check the series
(or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Exorcist) out!


What are you currently watching/reading? I could probably make this a weekly or semiweekly thing.

Rumi 

22 comments:

  1. Have fun at the lake, it's really nice to sleep near water with a whole club of friends (skinny dipping *cough*).

    About the Blue Exorcist, you should add it to your 'must watch' list. It's really, really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Blupsy, Blue Exorcist is really great. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. English class, comic book :0
    It's literature :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would've LOVED to read Maus in school. Alas, I wasn't even aware of it until I was 20-something.

    Fantastic book. You'll enjoy it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read Ao no exorcist first, then watch all the episodes in a row! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read maus in the school library. It's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. maus has a beautiful story and is drawn well

    ReplyDelete
  8. maus seems interesting. didnt know they had this good childrens books lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was that a Hitler-cat? Seriously? I've gotta pick this book up. The cover alone is compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book seems pretty interesting same with the show as well. Never heard of either of these things, surprisingly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maus is possibly the greatest graphic novel ever.

    As for manga, I used to be so into it. But the American publishers got stupid and cancelled all the good stuff, and refused to give the rights up.

    RIP Urusei Yatsura, City Hunter, Fist of the North Star, Grappler Baki, Slam Dunk, anything Junji Ito, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  12. the maus book made me laugh, i want to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maus is a great read. I love he old family stories in there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This makes me feel like whipping out a few mangas haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. interesting reading, i will wait for more post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cover work alone for Maus makes me want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maus looks interesting. Maybe reading it

    ReplyDelete