Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mini-Friday!

What up, blog!

Enough "hipstering" now, but I still thought I'd share some stupid news and an awesome video clip;

Russian man buries himself alive
Yup, a Russian man buried himself alive for testing how long he could survive underground. He, as you may have guessed, was already dead when they dug him up the next day, despite him calling his friend in the night and saying that he was all fine. Read more here


I'm Norwegian, so I do of course have to show you this clip: 


The Arctic Light from TSO Photography on Vimeo.

It was shot between the end up April and the start of May. Its shot near the area on this map.

The video is simply beautiful, and if you want to read more about how difficult it was to capture this, I suggest checking out his Vimeo page for the video (here).




I'm heading off to a friend for a nice and social (!) LAN. As the Christian country Norway is, we've got the day off tomorrow. Yay!

Rumiko

24 comments:

  1. Wait what? Why the heck do you got a day off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ascension :D
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascension_of_Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, I thought i was the only one with a day off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how does one even bury one's self? People are ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That video was really just beautiful. Thanks, also Russians don't mess around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My, that's nice. I wish I could travel to most northern parts of Scandinavia myself - well, maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could travel right now, but the baby and bank account says no. I will get there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. crazy ppl do remarkable things to make us laugh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heard about the monk who burned himself alive, and now this. People do weird things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome timelapse is awesome *o*

    ReplyDelete
  11. The videos of this guy are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic video, and gorgeous background...

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's not much else better to do in Russia...

    Thanks for the support Rumiko. And the Trollhunter opening up here in a few weeks is still the Norwegian one. Glad you liked it

    ReplyDelete
  14. day off huh? i graduate high school tomorrow. SUMMER OFF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My day off is tomorrow, cannot wait

    ReplyDelete
  16. More hipstering, more :) I wish to have arctic in my house now...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow buried alive. I don't how smart he was but hey to each their own.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL so that idiot committed unintentional suicide LOLZ

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to go to that country too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol, so he was testing how long he could survive underground. Not very long, but I guess the test was successful?

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is incredible. It's amazing that we can watch things like this from the comfort of our bedrooms with such amazing quality

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice little news post. Idiotic Russian.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The second video was very nice.

    ReplyDelete